2011-03-30

Install VNC 4.1.3 on HP-UX 11.31

RealVNC has released VNC Free Edition for HP-UX. We can install it with Depot file on HP-UX 11.31.

I faced the following error when I ran /usr/local/bin/vncserver after installation.

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libstdc++.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory

The cause was libstdc++.sl didn't exist, and I installed libgcc on this server. I faced following another error when I ran /usr/local/bin/vncserver again.

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: __register_frame_info_table (code)  from /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.sl

The cause seemed to be __register_frame_info_table wasn't defined. However, I could find solution for it. So, I tried to make it with compiling source code of VNC.

We can download it for UNIX from RealVNC.

I could see README files include the ways to compile it with aCC C++ or gcc after expanding source code. In this case, I chose the way to compile with aCC C++. According to README file, code tree of XFree 86 4.2.0 was necessary, then, I downloaded it from here. Code tree was divided into 3 files.

According to README, I ran some commands and necessary files were made. These files can be installed by /vnc-4_1_3-unixsrc/unix/vncinstall.

1 comment: